deputyknittersblog

I am a self employed paraprofessinoal and mom of three beuatiful children. Knitting has become an absolute passion and stress buster and my true addiction! I go no where without my knitting bag and alwyas have mutliple projects in the works!

Sunday, December 17, 2006



The Needle Felting class was a huge success!!! We had 11 people who all had a great time and made BEAUTIFUL figures. Unfortunately, I was unable to get everyone together for a group photo with their sculptures though! Everyone but Lucille's mom did Santas. Each one was a beautifully different creature and they all were fantastic. Lucille's mom Lucilia did a fantastical angel full of spun glitter for a gown - she was amazing! We all had a wonderful time and it is agreed that Lorna will come again! She was surpirsed at how close we are and she offerred to come and do another beginner class as well as a more advanced techniques class. It was a difficult time to have a class right before Chrsitmas but we had a great turnout but I know there are alot of you that were interested and could NOT make it. We will do it again. I will be looking for input from all of you! Lorna said January and February are dead months for her and she would love to come then. Also in the works is a retreat weekend at Lorna's "Sunpower Farm" to learn spinning, needle felting techniques, dyeing and even sheep shearing if we are interested. Meanwhile a date of April 14th has been set for Lorna to return. The type of class she will be teaching will be dependent upon the input I receive from all of you! There was discussion about a techniques class for faces as well as a class for making woodland faries and the possibility of learning techniques of wire base sculpting. We definitely have time to plan and there will be much discussion I am sure at the next Guild Meeting of January 6th at Lula's.
This is most likely the last posting before Chrsitmas. I wish you all a wonderful holiday that is hopefully stress free and has quiet moments smattered in between the visits and wrapping and baking and as always a quiet corner to knit every once in a while too!
I wish all of you and your families a VERY Happy Holiday season and a Happy New Year. I hope to see you all at the Guild meeting in January!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home