deputyknittersblog

I am a self employed paraprofessinoal and mom of three beuatiful children. Knitting has become an absolute passion and stress buster and my true addiction! I go no where without my knitting bag and alwyas have mutliple projects in the works!

Wednesday, July 05, 2006



Still working on the Berroco purse pattern that Lula gave to everyone at the initial Knitting Guild organizational meetings. I wanted a challenge - YIKES! I guess I got one! The ONLY solace I have had is that I am NOT alone in the difficulty I have experienced. Lula assures me EVERYONE has been having problems - even the most experienced knitters. A hint and helpful trick that Lula finally did for me is to place markers for every grouping of nine stitches. I must say that this did help tremendously. While the orginal of this designer bag retails for $1,600.00 I have to say that it will be priceless to me if I ever - ever get it done! I was actually sitting on the beach over the holiday weekend with sweat beading on my forhead CURSING this pattern!!! I REFUSED to let it get the better of me and figured out my mistake - an hour later!!!! BUT I got past it and was stumped again when I visited Lula today and she got me back on track. I am cruising and in a decent rythym and am now on the SECOND round of rows 1-20 - I am keeping my fingers crossed I will keep the rythym!

I am determined and I LOVE the color I am using - the top border will be a cream colored suede and I changed the handles a little and decided to go with tortoise handles. Actually everyone I know knitting it has choosen such incredible colors! Joelle has an incredible and vibrant red, Kristin's is the coolest plummy, purple grey - just a really cool color - and Lula has a soft and plush looking purple - hers is actully not a cotton like Kristin's, Joelle's and mine and the texture is different so although the colors and yarns are varied I have to say I cannot wait to see all of them becasue they are all incredible colors!I really think the end result will be incredible but I have decided not to make myself nuts trying to get it done before the TKGA convention next week. Lula and I are headed to King Prussia PA on Thursday morning to go for three days of realxation and some AWESOME classes. It is my hope I will come back and be able to share a bunch of tricks and tips that I gleam from the 20 hours of instruction I will be taking. Lula and I are in diffrernt classes so hopefully we will come back with all kinds of new and fresh ideas and tricks and tips. We are also really excited to explore the "marketplace" and sample all the different knitting and crocheting items and supplies! It does not hurt that we both have no classes on Friday afternoon and we have been told King Prussia is home to a huge mall as well! YAHOOO!!! We will be shopping. I am really looking forward to the break and change of sceneary. More news soon - I hope (if I do not throw this darn project to the wind! (HA!) )on the progress I am making on this Berroco bag!

1 Comments:

Blogger Yarnista said...

Your blog looks great and your purse looks like it is coming along beautifully! The bracelet is also to die for. I am so jealous of your trip, I'm sure you'll have a blast!

Jul 6, 2006, 7:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home