deputyknittersblog

I am a self employed paraprofessinoal and mom of three beuatiful children. Knitting has become an absolute passion and stress buster and my true addiction! I go no where without my knitting bag and alwyas have mutliple projects in the works!

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I hope everyone is enjoying their weeks so far....

I have hoarded a bunch of ideas so as to hopefully have a few postings up my sleeves to keep the Blog going for a bit!!!!! Great news from Guild Member Gerry today via email. She made a connection for the Guild regarding the distribution of the Prayer Shawls to cancer patients at the Harold Leever Cancer Center in Waterbury. Thank you so very much for your help Gerry! I want to again thank and give tremendous credit to Karen (who is a freind and co-worker of Guild Member Anne) who, along with family and friends, have been knitting away to meet a goal that they have set for the group of 50 shawls! They have done an incredible job (31 at last count are at Lula's awaiting distribution) and the Guild is honored to have received them with the trust that we will distribute them to people in need. I will keep everyone informed of the progress on that. Meanwhile a bit of fun for this posting. .....

Guild Member Jen (www.yarnista.blogspot.com ) mentioned a fun knitting video clip at the meeting last week and I wanted to offer the link for all of you - it is a silly nonsense video but I had a good laugh over it and my kids were convinced it was biographical of me and my obsession of knitting. I am sure you will all apprecaite it. Check it out! Saturday is fast appraoching and the oversized knitting class (for the vest as pictured in the Summer 2006 edition of Knit 1, page 52) Hope to see a good aoumnt of you then. I promise another posting before end of week (Sunday!) Keep the Needles and Hooks flying!


www.youtube.com Click on the video entitled: "The Last Knit"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home