deputyknittersblog

I am a self employed paraprofessinoal and mom of three beuatiful children. Knitting has become an absolute passion and stress buster and my true addiction! I go no where without my knitting bag and alwyas have mutliple projects in the works!

Sunday, July 09, 2006

What a gorgous weekend! Successfully completed all of my "homework" for the TKGA knitting convetion and show and am so looking forward to leaving for that! I really hope to gleam much new and exciting information and ideas to share with everyone! I am especially looking forward to the "make a skirt" class. I need to finish picking out all of the different yarns for that - I decided to go with suede and I REALLY think I will love the results. I also have to choose some bulky weght yarn for a tunisian crocheted shawlette I will be learning in another class! I am TOTALLY intimidated by the crocheting element as I barely know how to make a chain and I can NOT rememebr the "rules" but I am sure I will muddle through the class. Saturday is an entire day (6 hours) of learning to knit lace and I really am interested to see how that class goes. Very busy getting house - children - husband and myself ready to leave the end of the week. So far my wonderful husband has been encouraging and I PRAY he will be able to hold down the fort and somehow manage to get all three children to their three camps as well as manage the house and animal menagerie and still get to work and do what he has to. I am grateful to him for letting me take off like this as I KNOW it will really do me good! I Map quested the directions and looks like by leaving at 4AM on Thursday Lula and I will have plenty of time to get down to PA and settle a bit before our 9AM classses!

Great day today at the lake and my oldest son's ball game - I FINALLY finished panel one of the Berrocco bag - without ONE mistake!! A miracle!!! What a sense of accomplishment I feel on that! Perhaps the second panel will be easy??? I DOUBT it!! But I am looking forward to taking it on and trying to do so with no help and guidance from Lucille! We'll see how many rows I last! It really is looking beautiful and I am DEFINITELY keeping this one for myself. I love it so much I may have to do a second one in more wintery colors! I will post pictures of my progress as soon as I can.

Meanwhile my niece's sweater - which I was ALMOST done with - until I ran out of yard ARGH!!! - will be done soon! I panicked as I was working in Frog Tree Alpaca sport wieght which was purchased at the same store as the pattern - Adventures in Knitting - Harwichport Cape Cod (MA). I just hopped on the internet and it looks like they still have the color I need THANK GOD! I am so relieved as I need to get it done before her birthday! As soon as that project is finished I will post pictures as well! It looks beautiful and I know she will be adorable in it! The pattern was soo simple. The pattern is written by a mom out of Massachusetts: Mac & Me 22 Hay St, Newbury MA 01951 978-465-7940 the email is listed (I am not sure if it is still a valid email though!) is macnmeprod@aol. I was so afraid to try the pattern but it was so easy and it really is a darling sweater (#046 - childrens button jacket)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home