deputyknittersblog

I am a self employed paraprofessinoal and mom of three beuatiful children. Knitting has become an absolute passion and stress buster and my true addiction! I go no where without my knitting bag and alwyas have mutliple projects in the works!

Sunday, October 15, 2006














Views today from atop the mountain at the castle above Hubbard Park in Meriden!




Saturday was a huge success! We got quite a few people making vests! Nearly a dozen so we were a great group and we had fun - right gals!????! I do not know, there was some swearing and frustration as we started on the left side and not the easier part of the vest - the back. Everyone made great progress and we had some good laughs! The colors were FANTASTIC!!!!!! Everyone had a little different variation and I have to admit that they ALL looked so awesome and made me want to make 20 more (well,.... maybe one or two more!) As it took longer than expected we are reconvening again on October 24th at 7PM at Lula's. Anyone interested can join us even if it is just to knit and chat! We would love to have you and I am so looking forward to everyone getting these vests put together!

I have been wearing mine constantly!! It is warm and easy to just throw over whatever I am wearing - I do not think my down vest will be uncovered this year! I actually wore mine today on a hike with my kids and husaband (he wore his green vest for the first time! It looked GREAT on him!). It was a gloriuos day and we unexpectedly ended up at Hubbard Park in Meriden and hiked the mountain to the castle. My first time and husband's first time since being a kid! The view was incredible and worth the very steep climb! I am including pictures - I LOVE Fall!

I hope you have all enjoyed your weekend. I am sharing some pictures from the class for you as well. Looking forward to seeing you again on the 24th! Don't forget our Thursday night meeting this week!!

Upcoming Dates:

Thursday October 19th 6:30 PM - Monthly Meeting

Tuesday, October 24th 7:00 PM Vest Class part 2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home