deputyknittersblog

I am a self employed paraprofessinoal and mom of three beuatiful children. Knitting has become an absolute passion and stress buster and my true addiction! I go no where without my knitting bag and alwyas have mutliple projects in the works!

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Well, the Guild meeting was a great success and there was great turnout and the news is out there and today it became OFFICIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am taking over Lucille's shop site and I will be in on February 1st with my knitting shop - Yarn Knit All! - Rossi's Yarn and Woolworks!!!! So.... be sure to not give up hope - you just need to get through the rest of January and come February there will be a new Knitting shop! I am very excited and have been VERY busy and a bit overwhelemed at times. I totally surprised Lucille when I asked her December 17th if she would be at all interested in entertaining the thought of me buying her out. I am so grateful not only for entertaining it but supportign and being excited!!!!

After much agonized thought I decided to go under my own name and we have finished our negotiations and my lease will start February 1st. My goal is a Febraury 15th GRAND Opening Party (SAVE THE DATE!) I hope to have a "soft opening" for the Guild priro to that!

I am brimming with ideas and had my first face to face meeting with a sales rep today for 5 hours!!!! I am so excited and I really look forward to meeting the Guild's and new customers' needs. I have tons of thoughts regarding classes and offerings and cannot wait to share them with you all!

I hope that you will all come down and check things out! I promise a wonderful continued adventure in Knitting and Crocheting!

I apologize for not having the minutes to post this evening ! The BIG news is here and that was what I wanted EVERYONE to know about. I am still playing around with hours as I will still be operating my Paralegal business in the mornings but I WILL be open two nights a week and Tuesday through Saturday and see how it goes! I hope you will all freely give me your likes and dislikes and opinions as I want to make it very much your shop and continue the same excellent comfort and service Lucille gave. I am so sad that she is gone but will never be able to thank her enough for her allowing me to grab this opportunity. She is a dear friend to so many of us and I look forweard to her continued presence in everything we do. We had a nice visit tonight and I value her opinion and guidance so very much and know I will use it as I work my way through the learning curve! THANK YOU LUCILLE!

I did ask at the Guild meeting for a volunteer to take over the blog! I will be retiring as the "blog keeper" as I will be maintining a blog until I can get a website up for the shop and it would be too much. A HUGE thank you to Shelia for her volunteering! I know she will do a fantastic job! It is late and I am so very tired but I wanted to get the news to all of you and I promise a few more blog entries to get you all caught up and to help out Shelia in the beginning.

I want to thank ALL of you for your excitement and I promise not to disapoint!

Have agreat day and I will talk to you soon.

The NEXT Guild Meeting is Thursday January 18th at 6:30 at the shop! See you then!!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home