deputyknittersblog

I am a self employed paraprofessinoal and mom of three beuatiful children. Knitting has become an absolute passion and stress buster and my true addiction! I go no where without my knitting bag and alwyas have mutliple projects in the works!

Sunday, July 23, 2006







FINALLY!!! The dreaded purse is done and I LOVE IT!!!! Lining it was a bear but I found wonderful fabric to use and I lucked out and found a purse handle (yes I only use one - two was too overpowering!). The original tortoise purse handles I got were too small and I ended up with a really large tortoise handle that I can slip over my shoulder. They say not to stitch the suede together but I do not like the way it kind of hangs. I am afraid to sew those ends as it may interfere with accessing the purse. Maybe I just need to get used to it. The lining is folded on bottom so the only seams I had were on either side. I am hoping it will help make it stronger. For this pattern go to www.berrocco.com The pattern is the free Lorraine purse. It is a Feragamo bag that reatils for $1,600.00! SO...... if you are up for a challenge and want a gorgeous bag I say GO FOR IT! Despite all the frustration - it was well worth it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home