deputyknittersblog

I am a self employed paraprofessinoal and mom of three beuatiful children. Knitting has become an absolute passion and stress buster and my true addiction! I go no where without my knitting bag and alwyas have mutliple projects in the works!

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Tonights meeting went very well and we had another great crowd!! I am sorry I forgt my camera to take pictures. A big decision was made regarding the Christmas party. Lucille and Sue will work on planning and creating a great party. Anyone interested in helping out would be welcomed! We are all excited and a show of hands was taken and it was decided that instead of having the party at a restaurant that we will have it at the Glendale Community Clubhouse. It s a great spot with round tables and chairs and seating for 60 people and a working kitchen with two ovens and stoves as well as a eautiful working huge stone mason fireplace it will be a nice, comfortable and casual setting. Soooo... decision made! It will be there - thanks everyone! It will be Sunday, December 10th at 1:00 PMat the Glendale Community Clubhouse. Directions will be given closer to the date! Our new Membership coordinator - Sue - suggested making it a membership dirve as well. A great idea and I will coordinate advertising in Citizens News and Telemedia.

A link I wanted to share on the blog was a site I found and shared with the guild tonight for acrylic bottoms for bags. They are 1/8 inches thick and come in various sizes. The bottoms are called Bag-E-Bottoms and can be found at
www.lazygirldesigns.com/bag-e-bottoms.php . These bottoms are for felted bags and will prevent drooping of your felted purse or bag. I am ordering one and will let you know how they are. Meanwhile I did want to share the site. I know many of you are already working on Christmas presents and thought this site would be helpful for all of you for your bags!

We have a new logo that Guild member Kim brought to the meeting - she is still doing some tweeking and many of the members at yhe meeting tonight gave input. Kim was very apprecaiteive and it helps her to create a logo we will all like. We all are grateful for Kim's creativity and work on it and look forward to her revisions and new design coming soon!

Not much else to report! The big sweater vest class part 2 is Tuesday, October 24th at 7 at Lucille's shop! Even if you are not doing the vest - come out and join us for fun and knitting and crocheting!

Do not hesitate to call me with any ideas and or suggestions for upcoming programs or speakers, visitors etc! Your input helps the guild keep going!

More news coming soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home