deputyknittersblog

I am a self employed paraprofessinoal and mom of three beuatiful children. Knitting has become an absolute passion and stress buster and my true addiction! I go no where without my knitting bag and alwyas have mutliple projects in the works!

Tuesday, January 09, 2007


...it's a "learn-to-cable" scarf pattern from Lion Brand. I've completed the first group of rows (must repeat them 10 more times or something like that) but I can't believe it actually looks like its supposed to!!! It's silly, I know, but I'm so excited!!! Guild Member Lori

There has been quite a buzz here. I have been very busy for the shop and have yet another meeting with a sales rep tomorrow. My plans are shaping up and I know that the 15th of Feb. will be here before I know it - Minor emergencies - like the woman who has done all of my printing for ten years and I trust explicitly) being laid up for the next month (ACK!) - have made things interesting to this point but that keeps me hopping. I am just so excited and the enthusiasm and excitement from all of you and your emails has been wonderful! Thank you so very much!! Word of mouth advertising IS the BEST way so I whope you will all come to the Grand opening or at least in that Grand Opening week and if you like what you see - please let friends, coworkers, neighbors - EVERYONE know!


The photo here is of Guild member Lori's first cable! Thank you Lori for sending the firts picture I have received by email! Her email was great and she was SOOOO excited and I cannot wait to cover cables with you in the shop! It seems SOOO daunting but I have to tell you that cabling is soooo easy and once you have done it you wonder what ever stopped you! I plan on having Melissa Leapman's latest book in the shop (Cables Untangled) and hopefully enough of you will be brave enough to jump in!


So you all know - I am preparing a new blog to follow the shop and am handing over the Guild blog site to member Shelia to be custodian of. This change will be coming within the week. I will email all of you her info so that you can properly inform her of news - send pictures - etc to share with the Guild's blog and hopefully there will be a link to the shop's blog (and future web site) on the blog as well.


Look for those changes soon. We will be posting the minutes from the month's meetings soon. Meanwhile continue to check in as the next few weeks will be full of exciting and happy news and changes. I hope to see you all at the next guild meeting (at the shop - Thursday, January 18th 6:30 PM) OR at the shop when it reopens as Yarn Knit All!
Please be sure to stop by Guild Member Jennie's site as she has several new and beautiful postings to her gorgeous blog!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home