deputyknittersblog

I am a self employed paraprofessinoal and mom of three beuatiful children. Knitting has become an absolute passion and stress buster and my true addiction! I go no where without my knitting bag and alwyas have mutliple projects in the works!

Thursday, July 27, 2006


Exciting moment today! After having a childs sweater pattern purchased in July 2004 and having it in handd for an entire year before finally buying the Alpaca wool yarn for it last July - I was so scared and intimidated to start it I was sure there was NO way I could do it! Today I finally put my final row on it!!! A sweet sweater and once it is blocked and the seams are all sewed I will post a photo as well as the pattern and yarn info. It was a simple pattern and I marvel at how easy it was I have to stop being so intimidated.

My tassar silk (from Habu Textiles) and sterling silver cuff I was knitting went wrong! As I bounded off it started to curve! I was so upset but after 4 hours of knitting and three hours of stringing on the glass beads onto the silk and the pearls onto the silver - I think I may actually end up with a beautiful necklace - The picture above does not do it justice! It is beautiful and I know the second "life" of a necklace will work! I am releived I could envision a second life for what is a GORGEOUS piece!

Our Guild Member Shelia emailed me yesterday to tell me she has finished a hat for the Save the Children "Hats to the Capital" project (www.savethechildren.org ). She said it is adorable and tiny! She is a die hard addicted crocheter. I can not wait to see it in corcheted form and I guess I better get off my butt and get knitting!!!! Shelia does not have a digital camera so the picture will have to wait until I can photograph it at our next meeting (August 24th 6:30 Lula's) I am hoping there will be a BUNCH to photograph - it is such a good cause.

I hope everyone is keeping cool and their needles and hooks flying! A new posting soon - with pictures I hope!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home