deputyknittersblog

I am a self employed paraprofessinoal and mom of three beuatiful children. Knitting has become an absolute passion and stress buster and my true addiction! I go no where without my knitting bag and alwyas have mutliple projects in the works!

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

A very busy day today - I had the day off from work and have been taking all day to do a bunch of work for the Guild - Knit Happens. I am busy trying to plan two field trips to Massechusetts and Vermont. Both have fiber fairs coming up that sound wonderful. If interested check out the sites for each. The Vermont Fair is the 18th Annual Vermont Sheep and Wool Festival www.vermontsheep.or/festival and takes place on September 9th and 10th. The Massachusetts festival is Saturday, October 28th in Old Deerfield MA the site is: www.fibertwist.com . I am hoping we can arrange the guild to travel to both depending on interest. I have requested information from both groups and am awaiting that. Meanwhile, I am arranging for disocunt train tickets for the NYC Knit out and have set up a sign up for the Guild members on that as well. Our membership forms for TKGA and CGOA are prepared and waiting for officer signatures and checks and I am waiting to hear from Hartford on our incorporation status. Those documents went out last week.

In addition I have contacted Melissa Leapman and Margaret Hubert for potential dates for workshops for the Guild. I also contacted the yarn craft council and asked that our group be added to their mailing list. I am awaiting a reponse. I am excited and our schdule for the Fall is shaping up nicely. I am hoping to start planning some form of a Holiday party as well - an opportunity for the guild to get toegther and perhaps do a crocheted or knitted grab bag? We may even think about incorporating a charitable work into that as well. I am waiting to pitch top the group at the next meeting for which I have already started to create an agenda. The next meeting is Thursday, August 24th at 6:30 at Lula's - 26 Church Street . Keep checking the blog if you are unable to make the meeting to be sure to keep up to date on the Guild's activities and plans. Meanwhile I welcome any member's photos of projects, information and or articles that they may want to post. I do not want to get stale and I know we have alot of talent so I would love to draw from that!

Keep cool and keep the needles and hooks flying!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home