deputyknittersblog

I am a self employed paraprofessinoal and mom of three beuatiful children. Knitting has become an absolute passion and stress buster and my true addiction! I go no where without my knitting bag and alwyas have mutliple projects in the works!

Monday, November 06, 2006

Saturday's meeting was a small but intimate group. The Chirstmas party is shaping up nicely! The Guild will have a little surprise for all of the guests at the party so all of those intending on coming really needs to sign up so we can be sure to have an accurate count! An email has gone out to Melissa Leapman and I will have more information on that as it develops. The NYC Knit Crawl has been set for Saturday February 10th with a snow date of March 24th. I will be obtaining discount group rate tickets for the train again for anyone who is interested. It turned out to be $15.50 ROUND TRIP from Bridgeport so that worked out well. I can make it from Fairfield this time if people wouild rather from there. We will hope for good weather!

Meanwhile, for those of you that missed it... Saturday's Waterbury Republican had a wonderful article about an Alpaca Farm in Bristol. Guild member Rosemarie mentioned another one in Watertown and actually Guild member Kim is friends with the owner. Everyone seemd really interested to go on a trip to see these farms so I am in the throes of trying to plan a day where the Guild can visit these area Alpaca Farms. More information to follow!

Guild Member Cathy sahred her copy of Speed Knitting which I had mentioned reading about in our last meeting. Cathy had to keep a close eye on me to insure I did not slip the book into my bag! What a great book - A wonderful compilation of projects with chunky yarn and big needles - a GREAT resource for those of us with many on our Christmas lists and little time! I ordered my edition off of www.half.com a GREAT site that Guild member Kim mentioned! I picked the book up for $12.00 and even with expidited shipping it cost less than if I had picked it up at Barnes and Noble and just so you all know the Waterbury B&N has NO copies - I left the Guild meeting to go check. So, if you are interested in that book or any other knitting books - check out the site. I was impressed - I will let you know how the quality opf service is once I receive it!

I am posting pictures of a baby jacket I completed for a shower I had on Sunday. The BEST part of the frenzied rush to get it done (Somehow I got it done in about a week - a week of totally crazed schedule for children and me! YIKES!) was the look on my girlfriend's face when she saw it. I STILL say there is nothing better than the joy of giving or sharing a project with someone who really apprecaites it. I am hoping my girlfriend will get a picture of her daughter in it once she is born. If you look closely enough the yarn may look familar! I actually used the Wool Ease I had left over from my oversized vest! I was thrilled to have it work for another project and not sit in a cabinet while I tried to guess a use!

Minutes will be posted once Thursday's meeting happens.

Next Meeting: Thursday November 16th - 6:30 at Lula's! Hope to see you there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home