deputyknittersblog

I am a self employed paraprofessinoal and mom of three beuatiful children. Knitting has become an absolute passion and stress buster and my true addiction! I go no where without my knitting bag and alwyas have mutliple projects in the works!

Thursday, September 07, 2006

I hope everyone is having a good week! We received sad news yesterday. Darron has had to step down from being Vice President. She has alot going on in her life right now and while she will remain a member of the Guild she could not continue on as Vice President. We were so sorry to hear of it as we love her exuberance and excitement for knitting and crocheting and the Guild. We hope she will be able to make many Guild members and continue to be a familar face!

Which means..... we need someone that will be willing to take on this role for the Guild. The Vice President responsibilities would include aiding in the running of meetings and possibbly running meetings in the event of the absence of the President, aiding in planning of trips and events, representation of the Guild and other general duties. We are also trying to get a member to help out with Membership. It would be best of the person were familar with Excel and would keep the Guild informed of membership as well as keep track of membership cards, name tags for meetings and possible coordination of phone calls/trees if ever needed.

The Guild has come such a long way in such a short period of time and it has involved a tremendous amount of leg work and paperwork. I want to send my deep gratitude to Lucille, Kristin and Joelle. You have been so fantastic and I could NEVER have done it without you! The Guild is intended to be fun and a great way for us all to get together and share a real passion. If we are able to split up the responsibilities that come with running a formal organization we can make the load light and keep it FUN for everyone! It is my hope in the September meetings that some of the memebrs will be willing to help out in ways to spread some of the responsibilities.

I have posted above - the September agenda for the meetings. I unforunately will be unable to make Saturday's (10/9) meeting. My apologies to everyone but my husband and I are season ticket holders to the Army football games and Saturday is their first home game of the season (GO ARMY!). We make an entire day and night out of it with seriuos tailgating and the children come as well. It is a huge family outing and I am looking forward to it! I am hoping it will get chilly enough in the evening to wear my new vest! I am hoping this will be my only Saturday meeting I will miss! I am leaving you all in good hands with Lucille, Joelle and Kristin who will go over all of the items on the agenda. Lucille is also working on a treat she will be sharing with you!


The NYC Knit out is coming up!!!! We have our travel arrangements. Unfortunately - Habu Textiles is closed on Sundays so we will be unable to visit them but Lucille has taken on the itinerary for the day and has a bunch of ideas she is woprking on! Thanks Lucille!!!

WE REALLY need votes on the logo so please make sure you vote either by email to me - in the shop or at a meeting! It is our hope to be able to tell Kim which one is the winnner by the end of the month so she can get a final copy of it and we can start using it!

I am working on getting renowned knitter and crocheter and author - Melissa Leapman to visit us and offer a day full of classes. She is booked well in advance so the earliest we would be looking at would be Spring of 2007. If you are interested - please let us know (there will be a sign up sheet at the Guild Meeting). The more people that participate the less expensive the fee for everyone taking part! So please let us know your interest!

I welcome any suggestions and entries for the Blog. Please - send me pictures of your projects, have a great pattern? PLEASE share it! I have only so many ideas by myself and with your help we can keep the blog diverse and interesting!

Keep the needles and hooks flying!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home