deputyknittersblog

I am a self employed paraprofessinoal and mom of three beuatiful children. Knitting has become an absolute passion and stress buster and my true addiction! I go no where without my knitting bag and alwyas have mutliple projects in the works!

Sunday, August 27, 2006




Prince Edward Island was breathtaking and beautiful. Lighthouses and farming everywhere all surrounded by beautiful beaches! It was relaxing and I did quite a bit of knitting. PEI is home to MacAusland's Woollen Mills LTD in Bloomfield. I can not even begin to describe what a neat shopping experience that was. The mill is on the edge of the Coastal Highwahy and is a huge Red old mill building (I di not have my camera that day - I was so mad!) You walk right into where these huge machines are combing the wooldand then others are spinning and winding the wool. The building is not that big and very contained. It was so interesting to watch! The sop is on the second floor and you have to climb these narrow stairs and the upstairs opens up to a small and no frills shop that has seconds of the blankets that have made MacAusland's famous and then bins and shelves of wool. The colors are incredible! See the posting above for some of the colors I purchased! The wool is gorgous and I LOVE working with it. The best part is it is so reasonable!They chage $9.90 per pound (I was told 1 pound amounts to about 4 skeins) for2ply and $11.40 per pound for 2 and three plys. The best news is theyDO ship witihin about two weeks! The owners were friendly and were so helpful! I will be ordering from them in the near future so if any guild members are interested they may piggy back onto my order.

In addtion, while on our trip I found a beautiful antique yarn skein wheel. It is from the 1800s and was found in Nova Scotia. The antique dealer told me he believes it to be of European orgin due to the wood. I was thrilled to have found it and have already used it several times and it is wonderful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home