deputyknittersblog

I am a self employed paraprofessinoal and mom of three beuatiful children. Knitting has become an absolute passion and stress buster and my true addiction! I go no where without my knitting bag and alwyas have mutliple projects in the works!

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

It has been a crazy week! The children are all in school for full days now and the cool weather has brought all kinds of thoughts of knitting projects I am anxious to start. The crispness in the air does seem to have that effect on everyone I know that knits or crochets and it is similar to an exciting buzz!

With the onset of the Fall season comes the Goshen Fair. On Monday I attended the Goshen Fair - a family tradition and I was especially taken with the handcraft barn. The knitted items were beautiful and as I looked at all of the items I realized that I knew the woman and children (both boys and girls from Naugatuck) that had submitted more than 80% of those items displayed. The mom has seven children and home schools them. I was truly impressed but another thought struck me and that was that we never think to have our items entered and competing in that manner! I know I would be a nervous wreck myself if I were to do it but actually my husband was the one that really got me thinking. Many of the items were extremely traditional - afgans, baby outfits etc. He said to me "You should do that - your pieces are different fresh and colorful - you would win ribbons!". I do not know if I would share in that confidence BUT it would be a fun thing to do. I will be getting together information on that and posting the information on the blog in the future. I think it would be really neat to have a bunch of the Guld members submit their pieces! We truly havce talented members and I KNOW ribbons would be brought home by them for their talent!

I finished the rug made with the wool from Prince Edward Island's own McAuslands Woolen Mill. It is pitured above. It came out beautifully and the colors were inspired by the beauty of the sky water and fields on the island. It is a gift for our hosts that offered their vacation home on the Island to us and it is my hope they will enjoy it for many years to come. The yarn felted beautifully and I am really looking forward to using some more of the wool I purchased for felted bags and other items. The wool is wonderful to work with and even smells good!

The trip is a go for NYC KNit out and we hope that many people will take advantage of the trip. We have secured discount train tickets and we are all looking forward to a great day.

Meanwhile, for those of you that have not seen it, I received and email from Berroco (a wonderful site that is chock full of free patterns and just awesome ideas! - to sign up to receive the weekly emails - www.berroco.com ) The "Doll Bag" is a fantastic bag and I am seriuosly considering doing it for my daughter for Christmas. The colors are awesome and if you have never done Fair Isle knitting I am here to assure ytou it TRULY is easy. You follow a chart and I have to say charts make projects soooo easy - I wish more patterns were done that way! To take a look at the pattern check out www.berroco.com/exclusives/doll_bag/doll_bag.html . It is just a great pattern!

I will be trying to post again this week. Have a knitingful week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home