deputyknittersblog

I am a self employed paraprofessinoal and mom of three beuatiful children. Knitting has become an absolute passion and stress buster and my true addiction! I go no where without my knitting bag and alwyas have mutliple projects in the works!

Tuesday, August 29, 2006



The most recent project I wanted to share is a WONDERFUL oversized vest that I saw in the Summer 2006 issue of Knit1 (see page 52 "Factory Girls" actual pattern is on pages 94 and 95). I did this while on vacation and it was a really fun project! This magazine is a great publication that offers trendy and "hip" knitting. When I first saw the vest (paired with what I thought were awful looking shorts - at least nothing I would ever wear!) I passed it by. I ended up flipping through the magazine again and fell in love with this big CHUNKY vest ! As a season ticket holder of West Point football games I figured it would be perfect for those cold days paired with jeans and a turtleneck. It was knitted on size 50 needles and literally took 2 hours to knit and maybe another 40 minutes to crochet the edging. My vest differs from the pattern as I decided not to do a black edging and opted for charcoal instead and I decided not to do the collar. I like the look better without a big floppy collar and I added a button. The people that have seen it have commented on the fact that the button makes it. I purchased a bagful of these oversized antique buttons on eBay a few months ago thinking they would come in handy - They are GORGEOUS buttons and I bought them for a song! the shipping cost more than the bag of buttons! The yarn is Lions Brand Wool-Ease which is the SOFTEST wool blend! Four strands are knitted on size 50 needles at a time. The size 50 needles were interesting to work with but after adjusting to such a large size it was sooo easy!

I have gotten a hold of the Metro North office and will hopefully be posting later today the arrangements for the trip to the NYC knitout! Check in later and I will keep you all posted!

1 Comments:

Blogger Yarnista said...

Your vest looks great! I love projects that go quickly. I'm looking forward to our NYC trip.

Sep 1, 2006, 9:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home