deputyknittersblog

I am a self employed paraprofessinoal and mom of three beuatiful children. Knitting has become an absolute passion and stress buster and my true addiction! I go no where without my knitting bag and alwyas have mutliple projects in the works!

Monday, September 18, 2006

We had a great time at the NYC Knit out and only had one scary moment when poor Cathy ended up stuck in a turnstile in the subway while the rest of us had gotten on the subway and thought she was behind us. We all arrived back home safe and sound and while the day was hot and sticky and the crowds at the knit out a bit pushy - we all had a good time!!!! I personally missed the demonstrations - I foolishly waited on lines for free needles - that ran out by the time I got to the Clover counter and fighting the crowds or free patterns and give aways. We all agreed the crowds were a bit rough but the dmonstarions were wonderful and included Lily Chin. The fashion show was alot of fun - especially the dog fashion show! Lily was sporting a gorgoues crocheted dress and as always was very approachable and allowed Lucille and I to get a picture!

We arrived iun the City before 10 and went directly to Knit NY. A GREAT knitting shop and cafe! We refueled, browsed and chatted before heading over to the Knit out. It was a neat shop and had a great selection of books an fibers and several members made great purchases!!

After leaving the Knit out around 3 we headed to a great Cuban restuarant for a long break and relaxing lunch and then headed to Soho to another wonderful shop called Purl. We JUST made it into the store before they closed and were not diappointed. While the shop is tiny it is a neat store and had wonderful books, patterns and luxouriuos fibers!!!

Our visit ended with me convinvced that a "Knit Crawl" would be alot of fun. Perhaps in the winter when everyone is bored and looking for something to do we could go into the city on a Saturday and explore the many knit and crochet shops in the City. So many of them were closed yesterday and I thought it may be something people would be interested in. I will be mentioning at that next meeting which it THIS Thursday, September 21 at Lula's shop at 6:30! I hope to see you there!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home